1. Strong Data Security. We will protect your data like it’s our own.
2. Minimal Data Collection. We don’t collect more info than what’s needed to improve your experience and deliver the TACKL service.
3. Sensible Data Use. We will only use your data to improve your experience and deliver the TACKL service. We will NEVER sell or share your personal data to anyone other than the trusted partners we use to deliver the service as described below.
4. Clear Communication. We’ll do our best to communicate in a clear and concise way at all times.
5. No Spam. You decide what and how you hear from us.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through your account if you are a customer).
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by unsubscribing to our emails via the unsubscribe link at the bottom and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us via email at: [email protected].
Protecting your privacy
At TACKL, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The TACKL team members are customers themselves of other internet sites – so we appreciate and respect how important privacy is.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us an email at [email protected]. For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is TACKL.
How we collect information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with TACKL. Anonymous information may include:
- Browser name
- Computer type
- IP Address
- Screen size
- Geographic region
- Statistics on the usage of our website, including
- Which pages are most popular
- How long Users spend on each page they view
- How Users navigate through our site
- Technical information about Users means of connection to TACKL such as the operating system of your browsing device and the Internet service provider used
Personally identifying information
We will collect personally identifying information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain TACKL related activities. We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- When Users visit our website.
- When Users place an order.
- When Users interact with the features and resources we make available on TACKL such as leaving a product review or completing the contact form.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Billing Address
- Phone number
- Credit card or other payment details
- Tax Identification for your business (i.e. VAT)
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to purchase products or services from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
How we use the information we collect
We use your information in a number of different ways and this depends on the type of information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
|How we use your name & contact details||Why?|
|Bill your purchases to you.||We must do this to complete the purchase process. It’s not possible process your order if we don’t use your name and contact details.|
|Send you service messages by e-mail or through our website.||We must do this to inform you of your transactions, notify you of billing problems, and update you on order status and/or shipping details.|
|Sending you information by email about our new products and services.||To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.|
|Fraud prevention and detection.||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or TACKL.|
|Spam prevention||To prevent spam bots and other bad actors from submitting spam on our website.|
|Finding out what you, and other customers, like.||To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay relevant to your needs.|
Your payment information and billing history.
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the TACKL service.
|How we use your payment information.||Why?|
|Take payment, and give refunds.||We must do this to complete and modify purchases, and to issue refunds when necessary.|
|Fraud prevention and detection.||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or TACKL.|
|Find out what you, and other customers, like.||To ensure we are giving you what you want and identify popular products and services.|
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us. For example, when completing the contact form, when sending us an email, when submitting a product review, or connecting with us on social media.
|How we use your contact history.||Why?|
|Reply to messages sent to us.||We must do this to resolve issues you experience with our service or answer questions.|
|Learn from past experiences.||So that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service.|
|Improve our products and offerings.||So that, based on your feedback, we can make TACKL more in line with what you are looking for and need.|
|Personalize TACKL.||When you leave comments or log into our website, we will personalize your profile icon based on your email address.|
Information about you, your phone or laptop, and how you use our website.
The information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
|How we use information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website and app||Why?|
|Improve TACKL.||To give you the best possible experience.|
|Personalize TACKL.||We may use your information to understand how you use the products and services at TACKL, and to provide an optimal and personalized experience.|
|Protect our website||To prevent and detect fraud against either you or TACKL, and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data|
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored at TACKL.
We will protect your information with the same tools we use to protect the service itself.
Retaining your personal information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our support team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Sharing your personal information
We want to earn and maintain your trust. An essential part of this goal is our promise to never sell nor share any of your personal data to any third party including your name, address, email address or credit card information.
We use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain technical data analysis, processing and/or billing/invoicing. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and when possible we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process Personal Data only according to our instructions.
We might share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to process charges to your credit card.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Changing or deleting your personal information
All Users may make changes or updates to their personal information at anytime by logging into the website and visiting the My Account area at: tacklshop.com/my-account.
Please note however that some personal information must be retained for financial/taxation purposes and for privacy audits.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- CloudFlare: https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy/
- Google: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Gravatar: https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Printful: https://www.printful.com/policies/privacy
- Printify: https://printify.com/privacy-policy/
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/us/privacy
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
- _cfduid: This cookie is used by one of our firewalls to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. For example, if the visitor is in a coffee shop where there are a bunch of infected machines, but the visitor’s machine is known trusted, then the cookie can override the security setting. It does not store any personally identifiable information.
- _ga/_gtm/_gat: This cookie is used by Google to anonymously track site usage.
- wordpress_test_cookie: Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled.
- wordpress_/wordpress_logged_in_: Cookies related to logging into your account and how long you’ve been logged in.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or block future cookie use, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ .
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
How to stop marketing messages
If you have given your consent, we’ll send you marketing messages by email to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our new features and resources.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this in one of 2 ways:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email
- By contacting our support team at [email protected].
Please note that, as TACKL comprises several inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
In addition, unsubscribing from marketing messages will not stop critical service communications (such as order updates).
Your continued use of TACKL following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
How to contact us
333 W Brown Deer Rd, Ste G #4043,
Bayside, WI 53217 USA
+1 (262) 527-7293 | [email protected]
This document was last updated on May 30, 2023.